Monday, April 21, 2008

Seriously, what the heck is wrong with my son?

So I get Nicholas out of his bath and take him to his room. My neighbor is out back, that I can see from Nicholas' window, and we start chatting. Nicholas pees on the floor and the only cloth book that we own. Nice, bud. I clean it up and stick a diaper on him, then go back to chatting.

I smell poo.

Before his bath, I changed a nasty diaper...half hard turd, half mushiness. I turn around and Nicholas has the mushiness squished in his fists, while...as always, sucking his thumb. He has a poop-stache, and poop smeared on his chest.

I freak out, wipe/wash him off...debate spraying him down with Lysol, but figure it's his own poo and he'll survive. I throw the diaper away this time.

20 minutes later, I'm laying him down. My kids are like me and need white noise, so he has this jumbo fan on the floor that drowns out his noisy sister. It's blowing the air around and the air smells like poo.

I investigate.

My demented 14 month old took the hard turd and smeared it down the front of the fan. Seriously.

There are a million things he could have smeared his poo on, and he chose the one thing that would garuntee to make his room smell like anus for the next month. Okay, probably not the next month, but at least a day or two.

I don't get it...today at lunch he turned up his nose and refused to touch the potato wedge fries I made...but sucking on his own doodie, now THAT'S cuisine. Same thing with Honey when we were house training her. He would always find decroded "presents" and suck them like they were bricks of candy...yet refused to eat rice cereal!

Ew. I'm going to go take a bath now...

1 comment:

mommy-medic said...

OMG that is too funny! (Only cause it didn't happen to me). Dunno if you remember the old toys "bristle blocks" but they were like plastic velcro- with tiny little prongs alllllllll over them. Leah got poo in those one night, and it was just hopeless. Good luck.